FranklinCovey Blog | November, 2010
Things I hate about meetings:
1. Having no idea what the expected outcomes of the meeting might be or how we intend to get there.
2. The rest of my work piling up like gravel while I attend LONG meetings or too many meetings.
3. Presentations led by PowerPoint.
What I like:
1. Rigorous conversations—open, respectful, communication—searching for real solutions for real problems.
2. The food (sometimes). Depends on location. Ok, I’m ambivalent—if it is good, I eat too much. If it is bad, I’m bored.
3. Action items and follow up on action items.
Despair.com has a poster about meetings: None of us is as dumb as all of us. Let’s buck that. Let’s have fewer and better.
Author: Jennifer Colosimo, Chief Operations Officer at FranklinCovey
Follow Jennifer on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/jencolosimo