Elementary Education Solutions – The Leader in Me
Learning Today. Leading Tomorrow.Today’s changing world has a whole new set of rules. Give your students the tools to develop essential life skills and characteristics they’ll need for success in the 21st century.
ChallengeWe only get one chance to prepare our students for a future that none of us can possibly predict. What are we going to do with that one chance?
The world has entered an era of the most profound and challenging change in human history. In addition, studies have identified what is referred to as a "'skills gap"—a difference in how students are prepared for the workforce and the skills and character employers are seeking to match the demands of today’s global economy.
What if our children could be better prepared to meet the future challenges of our ever-changing world?
SolutionThe Leader in Me process helps develop the essential life skills and characteristics students need in order to thrive in the 21st century.
The Leader in Me process is designed to be integrated into a school’s core curriculum and everyday language so that it isn’t "'one more thing" teachers and administrators have to do. It becomes part of the culture, gaining momentum and producing improved results year after year, benefiting schools and students in the following ways:
- Develops students who have the skills and self-confidence to succeed as leaders in the 21st century.
- Decreases discipline referrals.
- Teaches and develops character and leadership through existing core curriculum.
- Improves academic achievement.
- Raises levels of accountability and engagement among both parents and staff.
The Leader in Me process also helps to create a common language within a school, built on proven principle-based leadership skills found in Dr. Stephen R. Covey’s best-selling book, The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People:
- Habit1: Be Proactive® • You’re in Charge
- Habit2: Begin With the End in Mind® • Have a Plan
- Habit3: Put First Things First® • Work First, Then Play
- Habit4: Think Win-Win® • Everyone Can Win
- Habit5: Seek First to Understand, Then to Be Understood® • Listen Before You Talk
- Habit6: Synergize® • Together Is Better
- Habit7: Sharpen the Saw® • Balance Feels Best
The Leader in Me Process:The Leader in Me process is a holistic school-wide experience for elementary school teachers and their classrooms.
TEACHER EXPERIENCE (Year 1)Establish a Guiding Vision, Common Language, and Culture
Through facilitated peer-to-peer discussion, videos, and learning exercises, teachers and administrators will:
- Explore and create a guiding vision for what "'greatness" means within the culture of their school.
- Learn and internalize The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People and understand how to apply the principles in their classrooms.
- Study other schools that have integrated the 7 Habits and other leadership and quality tools.
On-site facilitators will be certified to deliver The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People training as a means of ongoing professional development.
Teachers and administrators will learn how to:
- Integrate the 7 Habits and other leadership principles into the school’s curriculum and culture.
- Apply The Leader in Me process to develop the specific 21st century competencies students will need to succeed at school, in their future careers, and in life.
CLASSROOM IMPLEMENTATION (Years 1 2 3 +)Reinforce Through Tools and Resources
The Leader in Me includes several tools to assist educators, students, and parents in implementation during the first year as well as reinforcing the process in following years.
- The Leader in Me Web Community - www.TheLeaderInMe.org features cross-curricular lesson plans, award-winning videos, assessments, and a forum for educators, as well as fun activities for students.
- Student Activity Guides for Lower/Upper Elementary and Annotated Teacher’s Editions
- The 7 Habits of Happy Kids Poster Set
- The 7 Habits of Happy Kids Book by Sean Covey
- Learn more at www.SeanCovey.com
- The Leader in Me Book by Stephen R. Covey
- Learn more at www.TheLeaderInMeBook.org
PricingCall 1-800-272-6839 for pricing.